Wauwatosa - Abby Pavlik, the first Wauwatosa police officer to be shot on duty in 21 years, will be honored tonight by the Common Council.
Pavlik was wearing a protective vest Dec. 13 but was struck in the abdomen by a bullet while she was in her squad car.
Police said she was ambushed after she pursued suspects in the armed robbery of the Happy Wok restaurant earlier that evening.
Three men are charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and other crimes in the case.
Paul Phonisay, Thongsavahn Rodthong and Michael S. Dengsavang are scheduled to go on trial June 7 in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28
- On the move: April 26, 2016