Wauwatosa - Abby Pavlik, the first Wauwatosa police officer to be shot on duty in 21 years, will be honored tonight by the Common Council.
Pavlik was wearing a protective vest Dec. 13 but was struck in the abdomen by a bullet while she was in her squad car.
Police said she was ambushed after she pursued suspects in the armed robbery of the Happy Wok restaurant earlier that evening.
Three men are charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and other crimes in the case.
Paul Phonisay, Thongsavahn Rodthong and Michael S. Dengsavang are scheduled to go on trial June 7 in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- In Our Schools: Feb. 26