Wauwatosa - Abby Pavlik, the first Wauwatosa police officer to be shot on duty in 21 years, will be honored tonight by the Common Council.
Pavlik was wearing a protective vest Dec. 13 but was struck in the abdomen by a bullet while she was in her squad car.
Police said she was ambushed after she pursued suspects in the armed robbery of the Happy Wok restaurant earlier that evening.
Three men are charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and other crimes in the case.
Paul Phonisay, Thongsavahn Rodthong and Michael S. Dengsavang are scheduled to go on trial June 7 in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)