Wauwatosa - Abby Pavlik, the first Wauwatosa police officer to be shot on duty in 21 years, will be honored tonight by the Common Council.
Pavlik was wearing a protective vest Dec. 13 but was struck in the abdomen by a bullet while she was in her squad car.
Police said she was ambushed after she pursued suspects in the armed robbery of the Happy Wok restaurant earlier that evening.
Three men are charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and other crimes in the case.
Paul Phonisay, Thongsavahn Rodthong and Michael S. Dengsavang are scheduled to go on trial June 7 in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11