Wauwatosa - Abby Pavlik, the first Wauwatosa police officer to be shot on duty in 21 years, will be honored tonight by the Common Council.
Pavlik was wearing a protective vest Dec. 13 but was struck in the abdomen by a bullet while she was in her squad car.
Police said she was ambushed after she pursued suspects in the armed robbery of the Happy Wok restaurant earlier that evening.
Three men are charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and other crimes in the case.
Paul Phonisay, Thongsavahn Rodthong and Michael S. Dengsavang are scheduled to go on trial June 7 in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to earn black belt
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2