A portable toilet was destroyed by being set on fire at Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., prior to 1:25 a.m. Friday. The company supplying the portable toilet to the park estimated the loss at $525.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer noticed a smoldering fire where the portable toilet once was. He was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher in his squad car, and the Wauwatosa Fire Department was not called to the scene.
The officer initially thought a pile of garbage had been set on fire, but it became evident the burning plastic was from the exterior of the portable toilet structure. All that remained was a charred wooden base that had been attached to the toilet. The toilet itself was found later, several feet from the site, along a nearby walking path.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015