A portable toilet was destroyed by being set on fire at Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., prior to 1:25 a.m. Friday. The company supplying the portable toilet to the park estimated the loss at $525.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer noticed a smoldering fire where the portable toilet once was. He was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher in his squad car, and the Wauwatosa Fire Department was not called to the scene.
The officer initially thought a pile of garbage had been set on fire, but it became evident the burning plastic was from the exterior of the portable toilet structure. All that remained was a charred wooden base that had been attached to the toilet. The toilet itself was found later, several feet from the site, along a nearby walking path.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade