A portable toilet was destroyed by being set on fire at Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., prior to 1:25 a.m. Friday. The company supplying the portable toilet to the park estimated the loss at $525.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer noticed a smoldering fire where the portable toilet once was. He was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher in his squad car, and the Wauwatosa Fire Department was not called to the scene.
The officer initially thought a pile of garbage had been set on fire, but it became evident the burning plastic was from the exterior of the portable toilet structure. All that remained was a charred wooden base that had been attached to the toilet. The toilet itself was found later, several feet from the site, along a nearby walking path.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 13
- School Board opposes Senate legislation
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?