A portable toilet was destroyed by being set on fire at Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., prior to 1:25 a.m. Friday. The company supplying the portable toilet to the park estimated the loss at $525.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An officer noticed a smoldering fire where the portable toilet once was. He was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher in his squad car, and the Wauwatosa Fire Department was not called to the scene.
The officer initially thought a pile of garbage had been set on fire, but it became evident the burning plastic was from the exterior of the portable toilet structure. All that remained was a charred wooden base that had been attached to the toilet. The toilet itself was found later, several feet from the site, along a nearby walking path.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: May 28
- Run Tosa Run raises $3K for Ronald McDonald House
- Senior Meals: Week of June 1
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 28
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city