Wauwatosa - Paulette Enders, Sheboygan's director of planning and development, has been hired as Wauwatosa's economic development director.
Enders' two-year contract, which pays her $105,000 for each year, was approved Tuesday by the Common Council.
Enders worked on the redevelopment of a 42-acre brownfield site in Sheboygan that generated over $100 million in tax base and more than 300 jobs in less than three years, said Wauwatosa City Administrator Jim Archambo, who hired her from among 109 applicants.
Archambo said Enders, who starts June 28, also was responsible for development and construction management of a business park that generated more than 150 jobs.
The city did not previously have an employee who served as an economic development director, Archambo said. Enders' pay raises will be based on performance, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (4)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa