Wauwatosa - Paulette Enders, Sheboygan's director of planning and development, has been hired as Wauwatosa's economic development director.
Enders' two-year contract, which pays her $105,000 for each year, was approved Tuesday by the Common Council.
Enders worked on the redevelopment of a 42-acre brownfield site in Sheboygan that generated over $100 million in tax base and more than 300 jobs in less than three years, said Wauwatosa City Administrator Jim Archambo, who hired her from among 109 applicants.
Archambo said Enders, who starts June 28, also was responsible for development and construction management of a business park that generated more than 150 jobs.
The city did not previously have an employee who served as an economic development director, Archambo said. Enders' pay raises will be based on performance, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts (1)
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11