Wauwatosa - Paulette Enders, Sheboygan's director of planning and development, has been hired as Wauwatosa's economic development director.
Enders' two-year contract, which pays her $105,000 for each year, was approved Tuesday by the Common Council.
Enders worked on the redevelopment of a 42-acre brownfield site in Sheboygan that generated over $100 million in tax base and more than 300 jobs in less than three years, said Wauwatosa City Administrator Jim Archambo, who hired her from among 109 applicants.
Archambo said Enders, who starts June 28, also was responsible for development and construction management of a business park that generated more than 150 jobs.
The city did not previously have an employee who served as an economic development director, Archambo said. Enders' pay raises will be based on performance, he said.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?