Wauwatosa - Paulette Enders, Sheboygan's director of planning and development, has been hired as Wauwatosa's economic development director.
Enders' two-year contract, which pays her $105,000 for each year, was approved Tuesday by the Common Council.
Enders worked on the redevelopment of a 42-acre brownfield site in Sheboygan that generated over $100 million in tax base and more than 300 jobs in less than three years, said Wauwatosa City Administrator Jim Archambo, who hired her from among 109 applicants.
Archambo said Enders, who starts June 28, also was responsible for development and construction management of a business park that generated more than 150 jobs.
The city did not previously have an employee who served as an economic development director, Archambo said. Enders' pay raises will be based on performance, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2