Northwest Baptist Church has received a grant to help reinvigorate its worship services so members of the congregation can better understand and apply the messages to their lives.
Michigan-based Calvin Institute of Christian Worship is giving $12,500 so that the Wauwatosa church, 4373 N. 92nd St., can not only use technology to enhance its traditional services but also introduce small sermon discussion groups.
An advisory board of pastors and teachers from a variety of backgrounds assisted in selecting the grant recipients from about 25 applicants of different religious denominations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands