Northwest Baptist Church has received a grant to help reinvigorate its worship services so members of the congregation can better understand and apply the messages to their lives.
Michigan-based Calvin Institute of Christian Worship is giving $12,500 so that the Wauwatosa church, 4373 N. 92nd St., can not only use technology to enhance its traditional services but also introduce small sermon discussion groups.
An advisory board of pastors and teachers from a variety of backgrounds assisted in selecting the grant recipients from about 25 applicants of different religious denominations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000