Northwest Baptist Church has received a grant to help reinvigorate its worship services so members of the congregation can better understand and apply the messages to their lives.
Michigan-based Calvin Institute of Christian Worship is giving $12,500 so that the Wauwatosa church, 4373 N. 92nd St., can not only use technology to enhance its traditional services but also introduce small sermon discussion groups.
An advisory board of pastors and teachers from a variety of backgrounds assisted in selecting the grant recipients from about 25 applicants of different religious denominations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94