The Village Business Improvement District will be the site of a fall eco-fair aimed at educating Wauwatosa residents on all things green.
The Community Development Committee on Tuesday unanimously supported allowing the BID to close off parts of Underwood and Harwood avenues Sept. 25 to make the area safe for pedestrians participating in the VillageGreen Street Fair.
The environmentally and family friendly event will include vendors of green products and services, tasting of organic foods, a clothing swap, speakers and a children's area.
The Little Red and Big Red bicycle rides, which promote pedal power, have been rescheduled to coincide with the street fair.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000