The Village Business Improvement District will be the site of a fall eco-fair aimed at educating Wauwatosa residents on all things green.
The Community Development Committee on Tuesday unanimously supported allowing the BID to close off parts of Underwood and Harwood avenues Sept. 25 to make the area safe for pedestrians participating in the VillageGreen Street Fair.
The environmentally and family friendly event will include vendors of green products and services, tasting of organic foods, a clothing swap, speakers and a children's area.
The Little Red and Big Red bicycle rides, which promote pedal power, have been rescheduled to coincide with the street fair.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?