The Village Business Improvement District will be the site of a fall eco-fair aimed at educating Wauwatosa residents on all things green.
The Community Development Committee on Tuesday unanimously supported allowing the BID to close off parts of Underwood and Harwood avenues Sept. 25 to make the area safe for pedestrians participating in the VillageGreen Street Fair.
The environmentally and family friendly event will include vendors of green products and services, tasting of organic foods, a clothing swap, speakers and a children's area.
The Little Red and Big Red bicycle rides, which promote pedal power, have been rescheduled to coincide with the street fair.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service