A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, third offense, after he passed out behind the wheel and officers had to break a window to wake him up and stop the vehicle.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers found a vehicle facing the wrong direction and with wheels on the median at Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street at 2:49 a.m. May 5.
The driver was asleep in the driver's seat with the engine running, car in drive, headlights on and doors locked. Officers put squad cars in front and behind the vehicle, then sounded the air horn and pounded on the window to wake the driver. But they got no response.
They resorted to breaking the front passenger-side window with a baton. He only woke up after they were able to unlock and open the driver's door.
They took him to have his blood-alcohol content tested at a local hospital, where he yelled profanities and physically resisted arrest. Later, at the Milwaukee County Jail, he didn't recall what had transpired that evening.
He also was arrested on two counts of bail jumping because he was in violation of his probation from the last drunken driving conviction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa