A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, third offense, after he passed out behind the wheel and officers had to break a window to wake him up and stop the vehicle.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers found a vehicle facing the wrong direction and with wheels on the median at Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street at 2:49 a.m. May 5.
The driver was asleep in the driver's seat with the engine running, car in drive, headlights on and doors locked. Officers put squad cars in front and behind the vehicle, then sounded the air horn and pounded on the window to wake the driver. But they got no response.
They resorted to breaking the front passenger-side window with a baton. He only woke up after they were able to unlock and open the driver's door.
They took him to have his blood-alcohol content tested at a local hospital, where he yelled profanities and physically resisted arrest. Later, at the Milwaukee County Jail, he didn't recall what had transpired that evening.
He also was arrested on two counts of bail jumping because he was in violation of his probation from the last drunken driving conviction.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (20)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28