A Wauwatosa teenager was attacked by robbers who wanted his MP3 player Friday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old student was walking home from Wauwatosa East High School when he noticed two boys walking a distance behind him. As he reached Washington Circle, one of the boys reached from behind and covered the 18-year-old's mouth. The other tried to take his MP3 player from his pants pocket.
When the victim struggled, the robbers pushed him to the ground and punched him in the jaw.
Fortunately, a neighbor saw the altercation and yelled at the robbers. They fled, only getting the headphones.
Two Milwaukee boys, ages 15 and 16, were arrested for robbery with use of force and sent to Milwaukee County Children's Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program