A Wauwatosa teenager was attacked by robbers who wanted his MP3 player Friday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old student was walking home from Wauwatosa East High School when he noticed two boys walking a distance behind him. As he reached Washington Circle, one of the boys reached from behind and covered the 18-year-old's mouth. The other tried to take his MP3 player from his pants pocket.
When the victim struggled, the robbers pushed him to the ground and punched him in the jaw.
Fortunately, a neighbor saw the altercation and yelled at the robbers. They fled, only getting the headphones.
Two Milwaukee boys, ages 15 and 16, were arrested for robbery with use of force and sent to Milwaukee County Children's Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School