A Wauwatosa teenager was attacked by robbers who wanted his MP3 player Friday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old student was walking home from Wauwatosa East High School when he noticed two boys walking a distance behind him. As he reached Washington Circle, one of the boys reached from behind and covered the 18-year-old's mouth. The other tried to take his MP3 player from his pants pocket.
When the victim struggled, the robbers pushed him to the ground and punched him in the jaw.
Fortunately, a neighbor saw the altercation and yelled at the robbers. They fled, only getting the headphones.
Two Milwaukee boys, ages 15 and 16, were arrested for robbery with use of force and sent to Milwaukee County Children's Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building