A Wauwatosa teenager was attacked by robbers who wanted his MP3 player Friday afternoon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 18-year-old student was walking home from Wauwatosa East High School when he noticed two boys walking a distance behind him. As he reached Washington Circle, one of the boys reached from behind and covered the 18-year-old's mouth. The other tried to take his MP3 player from his pants pocket.
When the victim struggled, the robbers pushed him to the ground and punched him in the jaw.
Fortunately, a neighbor saw the altercation and yelled at the robbers. They fled, only getting the headphones.
Two Milwaukee boys, ages 15 and 16, were arrested for robbery with use of force and sent to Milwaukee County Children's Court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council