More than $136,000 in new foreign language text books will contribute to an ongoing effort to improve the Wauwatosa School District's world languages program.
In addition to the new books, approved by School Board members Monday, teachers will speak less English during foreign language classes and focus more on communication and less on grammar.
The proposed changes and material purchases are based on an audit conducted in December by consultant Helena Curtain, an international language expert.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs