More than $136,000 in new foreign language text books will contribute to an ongoing effort to improve the Wauwatosa School District's world languages program.
In addition to the new books, approved by School Board members Monday, teachers will speak less English during foreign language classes and focus more on communication and less on grammar.
The proposed changes and material purchases are based on an audit conducted in December by consultant Helena Curtain, an international language expert.
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication