More than $136,000 in new foreign language text books will contribute to an ongoing effort to improve the Wauwatosa School District's world languages program.
In addition to the new books, approved by School Board members Monday, teachers will speak less English during foreign language classes and focus more on communication and less on grammar.
The proposed changes and material purchases are based on an audit conducted in December by consultant Helena Curtain, an international language expert.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30