A man was arrested for drunken driving after he got into an accident and went to the Fire Department for help Saturday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Officers were notified that a van had crashed into a fence at Pinelawn Cemetery, 4150 N. Mayfair Road, at 5:52 p.m. Seven sections of the fence were taken out, and a light pole was damaged.
The driver was missing, but they soon tracked him down at the fire station across the street. The 54-year-old Milwaukee man was slurring his words and smelled of alcohol. His blood-alcohol content was 0.22.
He said his van had flat tires but he hadn't had time to get them fixed. As he drove, he found steering became very difficult. He lost control, drove onto the grass and struck the fence.
This was his second drunken driving arrest, and he had two Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrants for driving with a revoked license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18