A man threatened to kill himself Monday after he was arrested for his 42nd retail theft, which he blamed on the voices in his head.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 52-year-old Milwaukee man took two men's fragrance sets from Macy's at Mayfair Mall at 11:45 a.m. He said he didn't want to shoplift anymore, but the voices in his head encouraged him to take items.
The prior week he had been arrested twice for retail theft and was on parole for burglary.
When he arrived at the Police Department, the man threatened numerous times to kill himself. When officers saw him rolling up his shirt to make a rope, they worried he would try to hang himself.
He was taken to Milwaukee County's psychiatric crisis center for evaluation and later to the Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern