A man threatened to kill himself Monday after he was arrested for his 42nd retail theft, which he blamed on the voices in his head.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 52-year-old Milwaukee man took two men's fragrance sets from Macy's at Mayfair Mall at 11:45 a.m. He said he didn't want to shoplift anymore, but the voices in his head encouraged him to take items.
The prior week he had been arrested twice for retail theft and was on parole for burglary.
When he arrived at the Police Department, the man threatened numerous times to kill himself. When officers saw him rolling up his shirt to make a rope, they worried he would try to hang himself.
He was taken to Milwaukee County's psychiatric crisis center for evaluation and later to the Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa