A man threatened to kill himself Monday after he was arrested for his 42nd retail theft, which he blamed on the voices in his head.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 52-year-old Milwaukee man took two men's fragrance sets from Macy's at Mayfair Mall at 11:45 a.m. He said he didn't want to shoplift anymore, but the voices in his head encouraged him to take items.
The prior week he had been arrested twice for retail theft and was on parole for burglary.
When he arrived at the Police Department, the man threatened numerous times to kill himself. When officers saw him rolling up his shirt to make a rope, they worried he would try to hang himself.
He was taken to Milwaukee County's psychiatric crisis center for evaluation and later to the Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16