A man dressed in women's clothing and makeup has been stealing cars and leading police on high-speed chases.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The most recent incident occurred Friday morning, when a motorcycle cop stopped a speeding vehicle in the 9800 block of Byron Place.
The officer immediately noticed the male driver was dressed as a woman, so he asked for identification. The driver did not have a license and got nervous when the officer asked who owned the car.
The driver quickly accelerated the car and fled. A chase ensued for about a minute, but with the fleeing vehicle reaching speeds of 100 mph and driving recklessly, officers decided to stop the chase for the safety of other drivers.
A check of the license plate number showed the vehicle had been stolen from Brookfield Square two weeks earlier.
Brookfield police say the driver is a 20-year-old Milwaukee man who has taken several vehicles and used them in high-speed chases, each time dressed in women's clothing and makeup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home
- Wauwatosans cheer on one of their own in Tour de France
- Briggs & Stratton moves 370 jobs to Tosa plant