A man dressed in women's clothing and makeup has been stealing cars and leading police on high-speed chases.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The most recent incident occurred Friday morning, when a motorcycle cop stopped a speeding vehicle in the 9800 block of Byron Place.
The officer immediately noticed the male driver was dressed as a woman, so he asked for identification. The driver did not have a license and got nervous when the officer asked who owned the car.
The driver quickly accelerated the car and fled. A chase ensued for about a minute, but with the fleeing vehicle reaching speeds of 100 mph and driving recklessly, officers decided to stop the chase for the safety of other drivers.
A check of the license plate number showed the vehicle had been stolen from Brookfield Square two weeks earlier.
Brookfield police say the driver is a 20-year-old Milwaukee man who has taken several vehicles and used them in high-speed chases, each time dressed in women's clothing and makeup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa