A man dressed in women's clothing and makeup has been stealing cars and leading police on high-speed chases.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The most recent incident occurred Friday morning, when a motorcycle cop stopped a speeding vehicle in the 9800 block of Byron Place.
The officer immediately noticed the male driver was dressed as a woman, so he asked for identification. The driver did not have a license and got nervous when the officer asked who owned the car.
The driver quickly accelerated the car and fled. A chase ensued for about a minute, but with the fleeing vehicle reaching speeds of 100 mph and driving recklessly, officers decided to stop the chase for the safety of other drivers.
A check of the license plate number showed the vehicle had been stolen from Brookfield Square two weeks earlier.
Brookfield police say the driver is a 20-year-old Milwaukee man who has taken several vehicles and used them in high-speed chases, each time dressed in women's clothing and makeup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa Skatepark seeks graphic designer for firefly image
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure