Vandals caused $1,000 in damage to two historic buildings this weekend.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Stones and a chunk of cement paving were thrown through four windows on the coach house owned by the Wauwatosa Historical Society, 7406 Hillcrest Drive, between Saturday and Monday mornings.
The coop building, also on the historic Kneeland-Walker House property, was damaged. It appears vandals climbed on top of the building's roof and pulled off 40 to 50 shingles, which were tossed around the yard.
The vandalism didn't end there. Two aluminum fences were bent.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!