Vandals caused $1,000 in damage to two historic buildings this weekend.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Stones and a chunk of cement paving were thrown through four windows on the coach house owned by the Wauwatosa Historical Society, 7406 Hillcrest Drive, between Saturday and Monday mornings.
The coop building, also on the historic Kneeland-Walker House property, was damaged. It appears vandals climbed on top of the building's roof and pulled off 40 to 50 shingles, which were tossed around the yard.
The vandalism didn't end there. Two aluminum fences were bent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31