Vandals caused $1,000 in damage to two historic buildings this weekend.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Stones and a chunk of cement paving were thrown through four windows on the coach house owned by the Wauwatosa Historical Society, 7406 Hillcrest Drive, between Saturday and Monday mornings.
The coop building, also on the historic Kneeland-Walker House property, was damaged. It appears vandals climbed on top of the building's roof and pulled off 40 to 50 shingles, which were tossed around the yard.
The vandalism didn't end there. Two aluminum fences were bent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting
- Business Spotlight: Jenny Kyle Smith hits the sweet spot after years of struggle
- Hart Park Senior Center in Wauwatosa having a busy month
- In Our Schools: Feb. 11