Vandals caused $1,000 in damage to two historic buildings this weekend.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Stones and a chunk of cement paving were thrown through four windows on the coach house owned by the Wauwatosa Historical Society, 7406 Hillcrest Drive, between Saturday and Monday mornings.
The coop building, also on the historic Kneeland-Walker House property, was damaged. It appears vandals climbed on top of the building's roof and pulled off 40 to 50 shingles, which were tossed around the yard.
The vandalism didn't end there. Two aluminum fences were bent.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30