A Wauwatosa family welcomed home a loved one returning from a year's service in Iraq with an unusual party, and we've just posted a photo gallery from the event.
Sadie Dodd was welcomed back by Vicki Spiering, her future mother-in-law, and a host of family and friends with a compression party. The party featured holidays from the past year compressed down to one day as party-goers dressed in Halloween costumes, opened Christmas presents, ate a Thanksgiving meal and more.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade