An elderly woman's kindness was repaid by having her purse taken outside Luther Manor on Saturday afternoon.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The woman was pulling into the parking lot of the senior facility at 4545 N. 92nd St., when three boys walked by. She had her window down, so she heard one of the kids ask for money.
She told him that she usually doesn't give money to strangers, but that they should use the cash for bus fare. As she opened her wallet, the boy reached his arm into the vehicle and snatched the woman's purse.
As the boys ran away, she activated the panic alarm on her keychain. Two employees heard the alarm and chased after the boys, catching one on 92nd Street. The 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for robbery and he refused to provide information on his friends.
The wallet, with $10 mission, was found in a nearby field.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (22)
- Our newspaper website is changing