An elderly woman's kindness was repaid by having her purse taken outside Luther Manor on Saturday afternoon.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The woman was pulling into the parking lot of the senior facility at 4545 N. 92nd St., when three boys walked by. She had her window down, so she heard one of the kids ask for money.
She told him that she usually doesn't give money to strangers, but that they should use the cash for bus fare. As she opened her wallet, the boy reached his arm into the vehicle and snatched the woman's purse.
As the boys ran away, she activated the panic alarm on her keychain. Two employees heard the alarm and chased after the boys, catching one on 92nd Street. The 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for robbery and he refused to provide information on his friends.
The wallet, with $10 mission, was found in a nearby field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014