An elderly woman's kindness was repaid by having her purse taken outside Luther Manor on Saturday afternoon.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The woman was pulling into the parking lot of the senior facility at 4545 N. 92nd St., when three boys walked by. She had her window down, so she heard one of the kids ask for money.
She told him that she usually doesn't give money to strangers, but that they should use the cash for bus fare. As she opened her wallet, the boy reached his arm into the vehicle and snatched the woman's purse.
As the boys ran away, she activated the panic alarm on her keychain. Two employees heard the alarm and chased after the boys, catching one on 92nd Street. The 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for robbery and he refused to provide information on his friends.
The wallet, with $10 mission, was found in a nearby field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 13
- School Board opposes Senate legislation
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?