A 19-year-old woman got into a car accident on North Avenue because she was texting while driving, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman said she sent a text while changing lanes in the 8600 block of North Avenue about 9 p.m. April 20. As she was looking forward, she rammed a vehicle in front of her.
The passenger-side air bag was deployed, but the driver-side air bag did not. The woman's head struck the steering wheel, causing her head to bleed. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and released. She was cited for inattentive driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
The 49-year-old female driver of the car that was struck was not hurt, but her vehicle had severe rear-end damage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council