A 19-year-old woman got into a car accident on North Avenue because she was texting while driving, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman said she sent a text while changing lanes in the 8600 block of North Avenue about 9 p.m. April 20. As she was looking forward, she rammed a vehicle in front of her.
The passenger-side air bag was deployed, but the driver-side air bag did not. The woman's head struck the steering wheel, causing her head to bleed. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and released. She was cited for inattentive driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
The 49-year-old female driver of the car that was struck was not hurt, but her vehicle had severe rear-end damage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills