A 19-year-old woman got into a car accident on North Avenue because she was texting while driving, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman said she sent a text while changing lanes in the 8600 block of North Avenue about 9 p.m. April 20. As she was looking forward, she rammed a vehicle in front of her.
The passenger-side air bag was deployed, but the driver-side air bag did not. The woman's head struck the steering wheel, causing her head to bleed. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and released. She was cited for inattentive driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
The 49-year-old female driver of the car that was struck was not hurt, but her vehicle had severe rear-end damage.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?