A Harley-Davidson employee crashed into a fence while test driving a motorcycle in the company's parking lot.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 57-year-old woman was a new rider practicing motorcycle maneuvers and skills in the employee parking lot, 11700 W. Capitol Drive, at 3:47 p.m. April 18. She noticed the throttle was sticking, so she turned it harder. The bike lurched forward, and she drove into a chainlink fence.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where she was checked for facial injuries and head and arm pain, then released. The bike had severe front-end damage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum