An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man has been charged with repeated first-degree sexual assault for inappropriately touching a 10-year-old girl over a four-year period.
Joseph Bagley pleaded not guilty Monday. He is next scheduled to appear in court May 14.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The girl had been watch teen soap opera "DeGrassi," and the episode involved a character who had been molested but waited until she was older to tell her mother. The girl start crying and told her parents that she had been touched by her brother's friend on numerous occasions.
When her parents weren't home and her brothers were not around, he would grope her, involve her in role playing games and other sexual activities, she said.
Bagley told police he was curious about the female body but was not attracted to children.
The assaults finally stopped late last year when the girl started crying loudly when he came near her.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23