An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man has been charged with repeated first-degree sexual assault for inappropriately touching a 10-year-old girl over a four-year period.
Joseph Bagley pleaded not guilty Monday. He is next scheduled to appear in court May 14.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The girl had been watch teen soap opera "DeGrassi," and the episode involved a character who had been molested but waited until she was older to tell her mother. The girl start crying and told her parents that she had been touched by her brother's friend on numerous occasions.
When her parents weren't home and her brothers were not around, he would grope her, involve her in role playing games and other sexual activities, she said.
Bagley told police he was curious about the female body but was not attracted to children.
The assaults finally stopped late last year when the girl started crying loudly when he came near her.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options