An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man has been charged with repeated first-degree sexual assault for inappropriately touching a 10-year-old girl over a four-year period.
Joseph Bagley pleaded not guilty Monday. He is next scheduled to appear in court May 14.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The girl had been watch teen soap opera "DeGrassi," and the episode involved a character who had been molested but waited until she was older to tell her mother. The girl start crying and told her parents that she had been touched by her brother's friend on numerous occasions.
When her parents weren't home and her brothers were not around, he would grope her, involve her in role playing games and other sexual activities, she said.
Bagley told police he was curious about the female body but was not attracted to children.
The assaults finally stopped late last year when the girl started crying loudly when he came near her.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum