An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man has been charged with repeated first-degree sexual assault for inappropriately touching a 10-year-old girl over a four-year period.
Joseph Bagley pleaded not guilty Monday. He is next scheduled to appear in court May 14.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The girl had been watch teen soap opera "DeGrassi," and the episode involved a character who had been molested but waited until she was older to tell her mother. The girl start crying and told her parents that she had been touched by her brother's friend on numerous occasions.
When her parents weren't home and her brothers were not around, he would grope her, involve her in role playing games and other sexual activities, she said.
Bagley told police he was curious about the female body but was not attracted to children.
The assaults finally stopped late last year when the girl started crying loudly when he came near her.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000