A 44-year-old Milwaukee man who led officers on vehicle and foot chases and broke a Wauwatosa police officer's hand in a struggle - all to get away with deodorant he had taken from a Walgreens store - has been charged with a felony count of eluding an officer and misdemeanor counts of retail theft and resisting an officer.
After Darin Lee Lloyd was arrested April 10, he said he planned to sell the hygiene products and use the money to buy cocaine. He had concealed 18 deodorant items in his pockets and walked out of the store on Mayfair Road.
If convicted, he faces up to $30,000 in fines and five years in prison. Because he has been convicted of prior felonies, the penalties could be increased.
He is scheduled to appear in Milwaukee County Court for a preliminary hearing Friday.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?