A 44-year-old Milwaukee man who led officers on vehicle and foot chases and broke a Wauwatosa police officer's hand in a struggle - all to get away with deodorant he had taken from a Walgreens store - has been charged with a felony count of eluding an officer and misdemeanor counts of retail theft and resisting an officer.
After Darin Lee Lloyd was arrested April 10, he said he planned to sell the hygiene products and use the money to buy cocaine. He had concealed 18 deodorant items in his pockets and walked out of the store on Mayfair Road.
If convicted, he faces up to $30,000 in fines and five years in prison. Because he has been convicted of prior felonies, the penalties could be increased.
He is scheduled to appear in Milwaukee County Court for a preliminary hearing Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30