A 44-year-old Milwaukee man who led officers on vehicle and foot chases and broke a Wauwatosa police officer's hand in a struggle - all to get away with deodorant he had taken from a Walgreens store - has been charged with a felony count of eluding an officer and misdemeanor counts of retail theft and resisting an officer.
After Darin Lee Lloyd was arrested April 10, he said he planned to sell the hygiene products and use the money to buy cocaine. He had concealed 18 deodorant items in his pockets and walked out of the store on Mayfair Road.
If convicted, he faces up to $30,000 in fines and five years in prison. Because he has been convicted of prior felonies, the penalties could be increased.
He is scheduled to appear in Milwaukee County Court for a preliminary hearing Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (4)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography