NOW:53208:USA01012
http://widgets.journalinteractive.com/cache/JIResponseCacher.ashx?duration=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.wp.myweather.net%2FeWxII%2F%3Fdata%3D*USA01012
30°
H 30° L 27°
Cloudy | 3MPH

Small fire quickly extinguished Saturday

April 19, 2010

One resident was treated for minor smoke inhalation when the Wauwatosa Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out at 9:19 p.m. Saturday in the upstairs bedroom of a two-family residence in the 900 block of North 123rd Street.

The fire was likely caused by a short in an extension cord. The fire was contained to one room and damage was estimated at $500.

Residents were on the first floor of the building when they were alerted by neighbors of the fire, which was visible from the exterior, said Assistant Fire Chief Mike Anton.

The house was evacuated and one resident tried to extinguish the fire. The Fire Department arrived within two minutes of the call and quickly put out the fire, Anton said.

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Suburban News Roundup

E-mail Newsletter

Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.


Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter
Get the Newsletter!

Login or Register to manage all your newsletter preferences.

Advertisement

Local Crime Map

CONNECT    

Advertisement

Latest Photo Galleries