One resident was treated for minor smoke inhalation when the Wauwatosa Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out at 9:19 p.m. Saturday in the upstairs bedroom of a two-family residence in the 900 block of North 123rd Street.
The fire was likely caused by a short in an extension cord. The fire was contained to one room and damage was estimated at $500.
Residents were on the first floor of the building when they were alerted by neighbors of the fire, which was visible from the exterior, said Assistant Fire Chief Mike Anton.
The house was evacuated and one resident tried to extinguish the fire. The Fire Department arrived within two minutes of the call and quickly put out the fire, Anton said.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Tips for finding the perfect bicycle
- Five biking routes to try in Wauwatosa and beyond this summer
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 19
- Campus News: May 19