The Wauwatosa Common Council will decide who will serve as its president and representatives on the Plan Commission and the Economic Development Advisory Council during a caucus Tuesday night.
So far, aldermen Don Birschel and Eric Meaux have indicated they would like to be named council president, according to the city clerk's office. Meaux joined the council in 2006, and leads the Traffic and Safety Committee. Birschel has sat on the council since 2004 and ran unopposed for re-election earlier this month. He heads up the council's Licensing, Legislation and Communications Committee.
James Krol, who decided not to seek re-election, is the outgoing council president.
Birschel also wants to be considered for the position of aldermanic representative to the Plan Commission, which he has held since Atis Purins resigned from the council in early 2009.
As for the Economic Development Advisory Council, two people want to become part of that panel: Newcomer Craig Wilson, who will be sworn in as one of the District 8 alderman on Tuesday, and 1st District Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich, who was elected to the council two years ago.
Although these council members have submitted requests for candidacy, nominations also can be made during the caucus, Deputy Clerk Susan Van Hoven said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30