The Wauwatosa Common Council will decide who will serve as its president and representatives on the Plan Commission and the Economic Development Advisory Council during a caucus Tuesday night.
So far, aldermen Don Birschel and Eric Meaux have indicated they would like to be named council president, according to the city clerk's office. Meaux joined the council in 2006, and leads the Traffic and Safety Committee. Birschel has sat on the council since 2004 and ran unopposed for re-election earlier this month. He heads up the council's Licensing, Legislation and Communications Committee.
James Krol, who decided not to seek re-election, is the outgoing council president.
Birschel also wants to be considered for the position of aldermanic representative to the Plan Commission, which he has held since Atis Purins resigned from the council in early 2009.
As for the Economic Development Advisory Council, two people want to become part of that panel: Newcomer Craig Wilson, who will be sworn in as one of the District 8 alderman on Tuesday, and 1st District Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich, who was elected to the council two years ago.
Although these council members have submitted requests for candidacy, nominations also can be made during the caucus, Deputy Clerk Susan Van Hoven said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series