An 18-year-old woman told Wauwatosa police she had been raped by a friend of her cousin's while staying at the Days Inn, 11811 W. Blue Mound Road.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The woman had gone the hotel to celebrate her cousin's birthday. They spent most of the evening swimming in the pool and eating pizza, but her cousin called a male friend and asked him to bring alcohol and marijuana to their room.
The victim said the man, who was in his late 30s or 40s, arrived around 10 p.m. and they drank gin and smoked pot. She passed out a few hours later and woke up to pain in her abdomen. She was being raped by the man and even though she repeatedly told him to stop, he continued until she passed out again. When she woke up, her clothes had been removed and the man was gone.
The victim came to the police station Friday, a week after the assault. It took her time to tell her family what had occurred, and they eventually convinced her to tell police and get a physical exam.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming