An 18-year-old woman told Wauwatosa police she had been raped by a friend of her cousin's while staying at the Days Inn, 11811 W. Blue Mound Road.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The woman had gone the hotel to celebrate her cousin's birthday. They spent most of the evening swimming in the pool and eating pizza, but her cousin called a male friend and asked him to bring alcohol and marijuana to their room.
The victim said the man, who was in his late 30s or 40s, arrived around 10 p.m. and they drank gin and smoked pot. She passed out a few hours later and woke up to pain in her abdomen. She was being raped by the man and even though she repeatedly told him to stop, he continued until she passed out again. When she woke up, her clothes had been removed and the man was gone.
The victim came to the police station Friday, a week after the assault. It took her time to tell her family what had occurred, and they eventually convinced her to tell police and get a physical exam.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series