Incumbents in Wauwatosa's contested races have retained the seats, according to the results provide by the city clerk's office tonight.
Alderman Peter Donegan eked out a victory to represent the 1st District by a nine votes over John Sandvik.
In the 3rd District, Tim Hanson will continue to serve as alderman winning by 70 votes beating out Sandra Callaghan.
Jason Wilke, who was appointed to an 8th District seat in June, won his first election and will be able to continue serving for another two years. He received double the number of votes of his challenger, Michael Llanas.
There were two contested races with no incumbents running.
In the 2nd District, Kathleen Causier took the race by nearly twice as many votes as her opponent Margaret Michele Arney.
The four-year term representing the 8th District will be held by newcomer Craig Wilson. He brought in about 80 more votes than competitor Robert Brunow.
Winners start their terms on April 20.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (4)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography