Incumbents in Wauwatosa's contested races have retained the seats, according to the results provide by the city clerk's office tonight.
Alderman Peter Donegan eked out a victory to represent the 1st District by a nine votes over John Sandvik.
In the 3rd District, Tim Hanson will continue to serve as alderman winning by 70 votes beating out Sandra Callaghan.
Jason Wilke, who was appointed to an 8th District seat in June, won his first election and will be able to continue serving for another two years. He received double the number of votes of his challenger, Michael Llanas.
There were two contested races with no incumbents running.
In the 2nd District, Kathleen Causier took the race by nearly twice as many votes as her opponent Margaret Michele Arney.
The four-year term representing the 8th District will be held by newcomer Craig Wilson. He brought in about 80 more votes than competitor Robert Brunow.
Winners start their terms on April 20.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?