Incumbents in Wauwatosa's contested races have retained the seats, according to the results provide by the city clerk's office tonight.
Alderman Peter Donegan eked out a victory to represent the 1st District by a nine votes over John Sandvik.
In the 3rd District, Tim Hanson will continue to serve as alderman winning by 70 votes beating out Sandra Callaghan.
Jason Wilke, who was appointed to an 8th District seat in June, won his first election and will be able to continue serving for another two years. He received double the number of votes of his challenger, Michael Llanas.
There were two contested races with no incumbents running.
In the 2nd District, Kathleen Causier took the race by nearly twice as many votes as her opponent Margaret Michele Arney.
The four-year term representing the 8th District will be held by newcomer Craig Wilson. He brought in about 80 more votes than competitor Robert Brunow.
Winners start their terms on April 20.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (2)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2