The state has fielded numerous calls from Wauwatosa residents who experienced water backing up in their basements after the heavy rainfall of June 2008. But many of them do not qualify for the $6 million allocated to Wisconsin to help with repair costs and to install preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of repeat flooding.
Eligible applicants must have experienced some form of damage from the flooding, City Engineer Bill Wehrley said.
City staff are learning more about the grant funds and may have more specifics by the end of the week.
For now, residents who believe they may be eligible should call (877) 947-2211 or go to 2008floodrecovery.org to set up a meeting with a case manager who will determine a homeowner's eligibility and help with the application process.
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 26
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26