Milwaukee-area Target stores are hearing numerous complaints from people who say they bought video games only to find the product missing from the boxes. Now it is believed the claims are fraudulent.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Last week, the local department was notified that security staff had been investigating a theft ring in which Asian men are purchasing video games from Target stores, then returning empty boxes and claiming there was never a game inside. But really they are buying the games, opening the package and removing the games, then resealing the package and trying to make returns.
The first incidents occurred in January. A man who bought a game at the Brown Deer store returned it at the Wauwatosa location. In February, two more incidents occurred at the local store.
The West Milwaukee Police Department, which handled complaints from Target in its jurisdiction, is heading up the Milwaukee-area investigation from this point on.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes