Milwaukee-area Target stores are hearing numerous complaints from people who say they bought video games only to find the product missing from the boxes. Now it is believed the claims are fraudulent.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Last week, the local department was notified that security staff had been investigating a theft ring in which Asian men are purchasing video games from Target stores, then returning empty boxes and claiming there was never a game inside. But really they are buying the games, opening the package and removing the games, then resealing the package and trying to make returns.
The first incidents occurred in January. A man who bought a game at the Brown Deer store returned it at the Wauwatosa location. In February, two more incidents occurred at the local store.
The West Milwaukee Police Department, which handled complaints from Target in its jurisdiction, is heading up the Milwaukee-area investigation from this point on.
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication