A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he fell asleep behind the wheel while his car was stopped on a Wauwatosa resident's front lawn, police said.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A neighbor awoke at 4:41 a.m. Saturday, and he saw bright lights coming from the next yard in the 400 block of North 113th Street. He didn't recognize the vehicle.
Officers found the car operating and headlights on, but the driver was passed out. They knocked on the window and the driver woke up, but he said he had no idea where he was or how he got there. He last remembered partying at bars on Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
A test showed his blood-alcohol content to be 0.08.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition