A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he fell asleep behind the wheel while his car was stopped on a Wauwatosa resident's front lawn, police said.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A neighbor awoke at 4:41 a.m. Saturday, and he saw bright lights coming from the next yard in the 400 block of North 113th Street. He didn't recognize the vehicle.
Officers found the car operating and headlights on, but the driver was passed out. They knocked on the window and the driver woke up, but he said he had no idea where he was or how he got there. He last remembered partying at bars on Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
A test showed his blood-alcohol content to be 0.08.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94