A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he fell asleep behind the wheel while his car was stopped on a Wauwatosa resident's front lawn, police said.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A neighbor awoke at 4:41 a.m. Saturday, and he saw bright lights coming from the next yard in the 400 block of North 113th Street. He didn't recognize the vehicle.
Officers found the car operating and headlights on, but the driver was passed out. They knocked on the window and the driver woke up, but he said he had no idea where he was or how he got there. He last remembered partying at bars on Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
A test showed his blood-alcohol content to be 0.08.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?