A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he fell asleep behind the wheel while his car was stopped on a Wauwatosa resident's front lawn, police said.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A neighbor awoke at 4:41 a.m. Saturday, and he saw bright lights coming from the next yard in the 400 block of North 113th Street. He didn't recognize the vehicle.
Officers found the car operating and headlights on, but the driver was passed out. They knocked on the window and the driver woke up, but he said he had no idea where he was or how he got there. He last remembered partying at bars on Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
A test showed his blood-alcohol content to be 0.08.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation