A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he fell asleep behind the wheel while his car was stopped on a Wauwatosa resident's front lawn, police said.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A neighbor awoke at 4:41 a.m. Saturday, and he saw bright lights coming from the next yard in the 400 block of North 113th Street. He didn't recognize the vehicle.
Officers found the car operating and headlights on, but the driver was passed out. They knocked on the window and the driver woke up, but he said he had no idea where he was or how he got there. He last remembered partying at bars on Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
A test showed his blood-alcohol content to be 0.08.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa