Two vehicles were found on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, making it the 15th time vehicles had been stripped of their tires and rims at the Wauwatosa car dealership in five years.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Officers have been keeping closer tabs on the dealership due to the number of thefts occurring on the lot; there had been two prior incidents this year alone. While on patrol, an officer saw two vehicles on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, 11011 W. North Ave. at 10:23 a.m. March 28.
Four tires, 20-inch rims, air-pressure sensors and hub caps, collectively valued at $4,900, had been removed. Nearly 50 lug nuts had been left behind and were scattered on the pavement.
Like in all prior thefts, the blocks were red decorative bricks typically used in landscaping and must have been brought in by thieves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue