Two vehicles were found on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, making it the 15th time vehicles had been stripped of their tires and rims at the Wauwatosa car dealership in five years.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Officers have been keeping closer tabs on the dealership due to the number of thefts occurring on the lot; there had been two prior incidents this year alone. While on patrol, an officer saw two vehicles on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, 11011 W. North Ave. at 10:23 a.m. March 28.
Four tires, 20-inch rims, air-pressure sensors and hub caps, collectively valued at $4,900, had been removed. Nearly 50 lug nuts had been left behind and were scattered on the pavement.
Like in all prior thefts, the blocks were red decorative bricks typically used in landscaping and must have been brought in by thieves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?