Two vehicles were found on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, making it the 15th time vehicles had been stripped of their tires and rims at the Wauwatosa car dealership in five years.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Officers have been keeping closer tabs on the dealership due to the number of thefts occurring on the lot; there had been two prior incidents this year alone. While on patrol, an officer saw two vehicles on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, 11011 W. North Ave. at 10:23 a.m. March 28.
Four tires, 20-inch rims, air-pressure sensors and hub caps, collectively valued at $4,900, had been removed. Nearly 50 lug nuts had been left behind and were scattered on the pavement.
Like in all prior thefts, the blocks were red decorative bricks typically used in landscaping and must have been brought in by thieves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal