Stealing third base usually results in cheers and applause. But at Longfellow Middle School, grounds crews are hardly excited.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Employees noticed in early March that the second and third bases on the school baseball diamond, 7600 W. North Ave., had been taken over the winter. It wasn't until the snow melted that the missing bases were noticed.
At 10 a.m. March 25, employees put in new bases. When they returned to do more grounds work a half-hour later, the third base again had been stolen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams Paint Store
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa