Stealing third base usually results in cheers and applause. But at Longfellow Middle School, grounds crews are hardly excited.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Employees noticed in early March that the second and third bases on the school baseball diamond, 7600 W. North Ave., had been taken over the winter. It wasn't until the snow melted that the missing bases were noticed.
At 10 a.m. March 25, employees put in new bases. When they returned to do more grounds work a half-hour later, the third base again had been stolen.
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28
- On the move: April 26, 2016