Stealing third base usually results in cheers and applause. But at Longfellow Middle School, grounds crews are hardly excited.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Employees noticed in early March that the second and third bases on the school baseball diamond, 7600 W. North Ave., had been taken over the winter. It wasn't until the snow melted that the missing bases were noticed.
At 10 a.m. March 25, employees put in new bases. When they returned to do more grounds work a half-hour later, the third base again had been stolen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Nov. 27, 2014
- Public Forum: State Street Station plan is too large for site
- Public Forum: School district steps up on west side sidewalks
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom