Stealing third base usually results in cheers and applause. But at Longfellow Middle School, grounds crews are hardly excited.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Employees noticed in early March that the second and third bases on the school baseball diamond, 7600 W. North Ave., had been taken over the winter. It wasn't until the snow melted that the missing bases were noticed.
At 10 a.m. March 25, employees put in new bases. When they returned to do more grounds work a half-hour later, the third base again had been stolen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000