Stealing third base usually results in cheers and applause. But at Longfellow Middle School, grounds crews are hardly excited.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Employees noticed in early March that the second and third bases on the school baseball diamond, 7600 W. North Ave., had been taken over the winter. It wasn't until the snow melted that the missing bases were noticed.
At 10 a.m. March 25, employees put in new bases. When they returned to do more grounds work a half-hour later, the third base again had been stolen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal