A gold coin worth $900 was dropped into one of the Salvation Army's red kettles in Milwaukee County this week.
The Wauwatosa-based Salvation Army of Milwaukee County has reached just more than 80 percent of its $2.7 million Christmas fundraising campaign goal.
The gold coin came in from an anonymous donor just as the kettles were being put away for the year.
County residents can continue to give through Jan. 31 at SAMilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?