A gold coin worth $900 was dropped into one of the Salvation Army's red kettles in Milwaukee County this week.
The Wauwatosa-based Salvation Army of Milwaukee County has reached just more than 80 percent of its $2.7 million Christmas fundraising campaign goal.
The gold coin came in from an anonymous donor just as the kettles were being put away for the year.
County residents can continue to give through Jan. 31 at SAMilwaukee.org.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes