A gold coin worth $900 was dropped into one of the Salvation Army's red kettles in Milwaukee County this week.
The Wauwatosa-based Salvation Army of Milwaukee County has reached just more than 80 percent of its $2.7 million Christmas fundraising campaign goal.
The gold coin came in from an anonymous donor just as the kettles were being put away for the year.
County residents can continue to give through Jan. 31 at SAMilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31