A gold coin worth $900 was dropped into one of the Salvation Army's red kettles in Milwaukee County this week.
The Wauwatosa-based Salvation Army of Milwaukee County has reached just more than 80 percent of its $2.7 million Christmas fundraising campaign goal.
The gold coin came in from an anonymous donor just as the kettles were being put away for the year.
County residents can continue to give through Jan. 31 at SAMilwaukee.org.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30