A gold coin worth $900 was dropped into one of the Salvation Army's red kettles in Milwaukee County this week.
The Wauwatosa-based Salvation Army of Milwaukee County has reached just more than 80 percent of its $2.7 million Christmas fundraising campaign goal.
The gold coin came in from an anonymous donor just as the kettles were being put away for the year.
County residents can continue to give through Jan. 31 at SAMilwaukee.org.
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication