A Milwaukee man who was arrested for stealing from cars in the Mayfair Mall parking lot, was picked up again at the shopping center only three days later.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An officer at the mall recognized the 31-year-old man while walking through Macy's at 4:10 p.m. March 16 because of his prior arrest. He had been banned from the mall and signed a document to that effect. He was supposed to go to jail for the thefts March 18.
When the man and his friend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man, saw the officer, they ran out of the mall toward their vehicle.
The older man was arrested for trespassing and bail jumping. The younger man was allowed to leave but when he tried to start the car, it wouldn't work. Officers realized they had hot-wired the car.
A search of the car turned up a stereo in the back seat, a knife in the glove compartment and 18 pairs of clean, neatly stacked and folded jeans in the trunk. A clothes pricing gun, often used to mark items for resale, was found.
The older man said he needed to make $1,500 to pay the younger man back the bail money from his prior arrest.
Both men were arrested for possession of stolen property.
The younger man also was cited for carrying a knife.
Both men were sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety