A Milwaukee man who was arrested for stealing from cars in the Mayfair Mall parking lot, was picked up again at the shopping center only three days later.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An officer at the mall recognized the 31-year-old man while walking through Macy's at 4:10 p.m. March 16 because of his prior arrest. He had been banned from the mall and signed a document to that effect. He was supposed to go to jail for the thefts March 18.
When the man and his friend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man, saw the officer, they ran out of the mall toward their vehicle.
The older man was arrested for trespassing and bail jumping. The younger man was allowed to leave but when he tried to start the car, it wouldn't work. Officers realized they had hot-wired the car.
A search of the car turned up a stereo in the back seat, a knife in the glove compartment and 18 pairs of clean, neatly stacked and folded jeans in the trunk. A clothes pricing gun, often used to mark items for resale, was found.
The older man said he needed to make $1,500 to pay the younger man back the bail money from his prior arrest.
Both men were arrested for possession of stolen property.
The younger man also was cited for carrying a knife.
Both men were sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes