A Milwaukee man who was arrested for stealing from cars in the Mayfair Mall parking lot, was picked up again at the shopping center only three days later.
According to Wauwatosa police:
An officer at the mall recognized the 31-year-old man while walking through Macy's at 4:10 p.m. March 16 because of his prior arrest. He had been banned from the mall and signed a document to that effect. He was supposed to go to jail for the thefts March 18.
When the man and his friend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man, saw the officer, they ran out of the mall toward their vehicle.
The older man was arrested for trespassing and bail jumping. The younger man was allowed to leave but when he tried to start the car, it wouldn't work. Officers realized they had hot-wired the car.
A search of the car turned up a stereo in the back seat, a knife in the glove compartment and 18 pairs of clean, neatly stacked and folded jeans in the trunk. A clothes pricing gun, often used to mark items for resale, was found.
The older man said he needed to make $1,500 to pay the younger man back the bail money from his prior arrest.
Both men were arrested for possession of stolen property.
The younger man also was cited for carrying a knife.
Both men were sent to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade