A Wauwatosa resident has been selected as one of four featured artists for this year's Channel 10 Great TV Auction that will air April 23 through May 1.
Reginald Baylor, 43, uses bold and bright colored paints and straight lines to create a stained-glass window effect in his works. Throughout the auction, prints of Baylor's piece, "Variety," will be available to bid on and a video about his career and painting will be broadcast.
He has fine arts and art education degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and worked for the Laguna Beach and Newport Beach art museums in California. In the late 1990s, he moved back to Wisconsin and has been working from a studio in Milwaukee's Third Ward.
In 2008, he was selected for a one-month artists' residency at Ragdale, a retreat located on the grounds of Arts and Crafts architect Howard Van Doren Shaw's 1897 summer home in Lake Forest, Ill. It was after that retreat, where he was immersed in art and surrounded by fellow emerging artists, that he decided to become a full-time artist. Before that, he was a truck owner/operator and did painting on the side.
Since then, he has pursued his painting career and is finishing his yearlong, artist-in-residence position at the Pfister Hotel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)