A Wauwatosa resident has been selected as one of four featured artists for this year's Channel 10 Great TV Auction that will air April 23 through May 1.
Reginald Baylor, 43, uses bold and bright colored paints and straight lines to create a stained-glass window effect in his works. Throughout the auction, prints of Baylor's piece, "Variety," will be available to bid on and a video about his career and painting will be broadcast.
He has fine arts and art education degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and worked for the Laguna Beach and Newport Beach art museums in California. In the late 1990s, he moved back to Wisconsin and has been working from a studio in Milwaukee's Third Ward.
In 2008, he was selected for a one-month artists' residency at Ragdale, a retreat located on the grounds of Arts and Crafts architect Howard Van Doren Shaw's 1897 summer home in Lake Forest, Ill. It was after that retreat, where he was immersed in art and surrounded by fellow emerging artists, that he decided to become a full-time artist. Before that, he was a truck owner/operator and did painting on the side.
Since then, he has pursued his painting career and is finishing his yearlong, artist-in-residence position at the Pfister Hotel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School