An 88-year-old passenger died in the evening of Thursday, Aug. 28, from injuries sustained in a three-car crash at about 4 p.m. that day at the intersection of N. Mayfair Road and W. Center Street, according to a Wauwatosa Police Department news release.
The victim was riding with an 86-year-old Wauwatosa resident who had collided with a car while making a left turn at the intersection. Following the collision, the report said both vehicles struck a third car that was stopped for a red light while waiting to turn on Mayfair Road.
Police declined comment until further investigation of the crash is completed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds