A sushi restaurant is planning to open on Mayfair Road in mid-April.
Ginza Sushi Bar is set to occupy a 2,000-square-foot space in 1 Mayfair Place, 2727 Mayfair Road. It will be owned by Fang Ping Xiao, who's already known to Wauwatosa diners as the owner No. 1 Chinese Restaurant on 61st Street and North Avenue.
In addition to raw fish dishes, the bar will serve cocktails. The Common Council on March 2 approved issuing Xiao licenses to sell beer and liquor at the business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal