A sushi restaurant is planning to open on Mayfair Road in mid-April.
Ginza Sushi Bar is set to occupy a 2,000-square-foot space in 1 Mayfair Place, 2727 Mayfair Road. It will be owned by Fang Ping Xiao, who's already known to Wauwatosa diners as the owner No. 1 Chinese Restaurant on 61st Street and North Avenue.
In addition to raw fish dishes, the bar will serve cocktails. The Common Council on March 2 approved issuing Xiao licenses to sell beer and liquor at the business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- In Our Schools: Feb. 26