A sushi restaurant is planning to open on Mayfair Road in mid-April.
Ginza Sushi Bar is set to occupy a 2,000-square-foot space in 1 Mayfair Place, 2727 Mayfair Road. It will be owned by Fang Ping Xiao, who's already known to Wauwatosa diners as the owner No. 1 Chinese Restaurant on 61st Street and North Avenue.
In addition to raw fish dishes, the bar will serve cocktails. The Common Council on March 2 approved issuing Xiao licenses to sell beer and liquor at the business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa