A sushi restaurant is planning to open on Mayfair Road in mid-April.
Ginza Sushi Bar is set to occupy a 2,000-square-foot space in 1 Mayfair Place, 2727 Mayfair Road. It will be owned by Fang Ping Xiao, who's already known to Wauwatosa diners as the owner No. 1 Chinese Restaurant on 61st Street and North Avenue.
In addition to raw fish dishes, the bar will serve cocktails. The Common Council on March 2 approved issuing Xiao licenses to sell beer and liquor at the business.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum