An employee of Leff's Lucky Town was arrested for disorderly conduct after police say she instigated a fight that left two people battered at the bar early Sunday morning.
She was fired immediately following the incident, bar owner Chris Leffler said.
We do not tolerate this activity in Leff's," he said.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A 29-year-old woman, an off-duty employee, got angry when she was bumped by a female patron at 12:21 a.m. March 14. They women exchanged words, then the patron was pulled from her bar stool by the employee's boyfriend and dragged across the floor.
Numerous women, including the employee, repeatedly punched and kicked her until bar staff was able to break up the fight. She had a bruised and swollen hand, facial lacerations and her clothes were dirty.
While she was getting beaten by the women, the employee's boyfriend attacked the patron's boyfriend. He, too, was pushed the floor and punched in the face. Upon getting up, he was pushed into the women's restroom and beaten some more, resulting in cuts to the face.
The employee's boyfriend took off before police arrived.
Leffler called the fight "an isolated incident," pointing out that police rarely have to be called out his establishment. He also credited his on-duty employees with getting the situation under control quickly.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Memorial Day ceremony scheduled for Longfellow Middle School
- Ask NOW: When will the Menomonee River Parkway be repaved?
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat