An employee of Leff's Lucky Town was arrested for disorderly conduct after police say she instigated a fight that left two people battered at the bar early Sunday morning.
She was fired immediately following the incident, bar owner Chris Leffler said.
We do not tolerate this activity in Leff's," he said.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A 29-year-old woman, an off-duty employee, got angry when she was bumped by a female patron at 12:21 a.m. March 14. They women exchanged words, then the patron was pulled from her bar stool by the employee's boyfriend and dragged across the floor.
Numerous women, including the employee, repeatedly punched and kicked her until bar staff was able to break up the fight. She had a bruised and swollen hand, facial lacerations and her clothes were dirty.
While she was getting beaten by the women, the employee's boyfriend attacked the patron's boyfriend. He, too, was pushed the floor and punched in the face. Upon getting up, he was pushed into the women's restroom and beaten some more, resulting in cuts to the face.
The employee's boyfriend took off before police arrived.
Leffler called the fight "an isolated incident," pointing out that police rarely have to be called out his establishment. He also credited his on-duty employees with getting the situation under control quickly.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (12)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes