A young man was robbed at knifepoint in front of his home Wednesday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
As the 21-year-old victim was pulling into the driveway in the 600 block of Elm Spring Avenue about 10 p.m., he saw a man walking on the sidewalk.
He opened the door to the back seat and leaned in to collect some belongings. When he stood up, he realized the man was directly behind him displaying a pocket knife.
The robber grabbed the man's grocery bag, tore it and items fell on the ground. Then he poked the tip of the knife into the victim's side and demanded money.
The victim handed over the cash in his wallet and the robber ran off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (8)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8