A young man was robbed at knifepoint in front of his home Wednesday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
As the 21-year-old victim was pulling into the driveway in the 600 block of Elm Spring Avenue about 10 p.m., he saw a man walking on the sidewalk.
He opened the door to the back seat and leaned in to collect some belongings. When he stood up, he realized the man was directly behind him displaying a pocket knife.
The robber grabbed the man's grocery bag, tore it and items fell on the ground. Then he poked the tip of the knife into the victim's side and demanded money.
The victim handed over the cash in his wallet and the robber ran off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding