A young man was robbed at knifepoint in front of his home Wednesday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
As the 21-year-old victim was pulling into the driveway in the 600 block of Elm Spring Avenue about 10 p.m., he saw a man walking on the sidewalk.
He opened the door to the back seat and leaned in to collect some belongings. When he stood up, he realized the man was directly behind him displaying a pocket knife.
The robber grabbed the man's grocery bag, tore it and items fell on the ground. Then he poked the tip of the knife into the victim's side and demanded money.
The victim handed over the cash in his wallet and the robber ran off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade