A young man was robbed at knifepoint in front of his home Wednesday evening.
According to Wauwatosa police:
As the 21-year-old victim was pulling into the driveway in the 600 block of Elm Spring Avenue about 10 p.m., he saw a man walking on the sidewalk.
He opened the door to the back seat and leaned in to collect some belongings. When he stood up, he realized the man was directly behind him displaying a pocket knife.
The robber grabbed the man's grocery bag, tore it and items fell on the ground. Then he poked the tip of the knife into the victim's side and demanded money.
The victim handed over the cash in his wallet and the robber ran off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa