Wauwatosa resident Ann Phillips has been chosen as the International Society of Arboriculture Gold Leaf Award recipient for her work in the garden of the local Ronald McDonald House.
She has led a group of fellow Master Gardeners in creating and maintaining "the secret garden," a place of comfort and solitude for families dealing with a seriously ill child. Plantings, a gazebo, wishing pond and pathways are some of the amenities of the private, walled garden.
She will receive the award April 12 at the Ronald McDonald House on Watertown Plank Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings