Wauwatosa resident Ann Phillips has been chosen as the International Society of Arboriculture Gold Leaf Award recipient for her work in the garden of the local Ronald McDonald House.
She has led a group of fellow Master Gardeners in creating and maintaining "the secret garden," a place of comfort and solitude for families dealing with a seriously ill child. Plantings, a gazebo, wishing pond and pathways are some of the amenities of the private, walled garden.
She will receive the award April 12 at the Ronald McDonald House on Watertown Plank Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service