Wauwatosa resident Ann Phillips has been chosen as the International Society of Arboriculture Gold Leaf Award recipient for her work in the garden of the local Ronald McDonald House.
She has led a group of fellow Master Gardeners in creating and maintaining "the secret garden," a place of comfort and solitude for families dealing with a seriously ill child. Plantings, a gazebo, wishing pond and pathways are some of the amenities of the private, walled garden.
She will receive the award April 12 at the Ronald McDonald House on Watertown Plank Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?