Wauwatosa resident Ann Phillips has been chosen as the International Society of Arboriculture Gold Leaf Award recipient for her work in the garden of the local Ronald McDonald House.
She has led a group of fellow Master Gardeners in creating and maintaining "the secret garden," a place of comfort and solitude for families dealing with a seriously ill child. Plantings, a gazebo, wishing pond and pathways are some of the amenities of the private, walled garden.
She will receive the award April 12 at the Ronald McDonald House on Watertown Plank Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word