If angry drivers on the highway experience road rage, a 54-year-old Milwaukee woman's arrest for disorderly conduct can only be blamed on parking petulance.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The woman was circling the parking lot at Aldi, 12120 W. Burleigh St., looking for a space close to the store entrance. She followed a woman who was returning to vehicle and waited for the car to back out.
Although she did not say how much time had passed, she believed the shopper was taking a long time to leave just to irritate her.
So the woman parked in a different spot and walked to the shopper's car to confront her. She called the other lady a "spoiled brat" and yelled at her about being selfish.
The shopper said she was loading her car and strapping her daughter into her car seat, and was not trying to be rude. When the woman started crying and growing angrier by the minute, the shopper reached into her car and threw a cup of her child's juice to get the woman to back off.
When officers arrived, the woman was argumentative and emotional. She blamed low blood sugar and moodiness for the acting out.
A background check showed she had a prior run-in in the Kmart parking lot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (4)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography