A 25-year-old Wauwatosa woman has been arrested for stealing from the North Avenue businesses she worked at and for resisting arrest.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The manager at Mobil Mart reported March 3 that on three occasions money recorded in the cash register totals didn't make it into the bank deposits. In all, about $590 was unaccounted for. The woman was the only person who recorded register totals and dropped off the money for the gas station, so she was fired.
Officers went to her house, but she refused to come outside and speak with them. Instead, she got irate, started pounding on the door from the inside and shouted threats.
On Sunday police were notified she had returned to the gas station, and officers found her walking on North Avenue. She refused to stop for police, quickly turning violent and resisting arrest. She struck the officer in the chest and ripped her uniform shirt, leading to a struggle on the ground.
The woman was taken to Milwaukee County Jail; the district attorney is reviewing her case.
On Monday, police got a call from the owner of Lalli's Pizza, 8826 W. North Ave., saying he believes the woman took $100 from the cash drawer during one of her work shifts there.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options