Wauwatosa police have arrested a 48-year-old Brookfield man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl Saturday, a police spokesman said Monday.
Police expect to refer the case to the Milwaukee County district attorney's office Tuesday, Lt. Dominic Leone said. The man is in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail, Leone said.
The girl, a resident of Menomonee Falls, told police the man abducted her and then sexually assaulted her in an apartment near N. 111th St. and W. Meinecke Ave., police said.
The girl was able to get out of the apartment and call police.
The man was arrested Saturday night while he was driving near the apartment, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?