Wauwatosa police have arrested a 48-year-old Brookfield man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl Saturday, a police spokesman said Monday.
Police expect to refer the case to the Milwaukee County district attorney's office Tuesday, Lt. Dominic Leone said. The man is in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail, Leone said.
The girl, a resident of Menomonee Falls, told police the man abducted her and then sexually assaulted her in an apartment near N. 111th St. and W. Meinecke Ave., police said.
The girl was able to get out of the apartment and call police.
The man was arrested Saturday night while he was driving near the apartment, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern