Mike Landisch, coaching his first game since undergoing treatment for cancer earlier this season, led host Wauwatosa West past South Milwaukee, 67-57, in the first round of the WIAA Division 1 tournament tonight.
Senior forward Ray Sterling scored 25 points to lead the Trojans. Junior Defrim Ramushevski scored 14 for South Milwaukee in the losing effort.
It's the third time Wauwatosa West has beaten South Milwaukee this season.
The Trojans (17-6) advance to Saturday's second round and will face the winner of the No. 14 Oak Creek vs. No. 3 Milwaukee Washington game.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to earn black belt
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2