Mike Landisch, coaching his first game since undergoing treatment for cancer earlier this season, led host Wauwatosa West past South Milwaukee, 67-57, in the first round of the WIAA Division 1 tournament tonight.
Senior forward Ray Sterling scored 25 points to lead the Trojans. Junior Defrim Ramushevski scored 14 for South Milwaukee in the losing effort.
It's the third time Wauwatosa West has beaten South Milwaukee this season.
The Trojans (17-6) advance to Saturday's second round and will face the winner of the No. 14 Oak Creek vs. No. 3 Milwaukee Washington game.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series