Mike Landisch, coaching his first game since undergoing treatment for cancer earlier this season, led host Wauwatosa West past South Milwaukee, 67-57, in the first round of the WIAA Division 1 tournament tonight.
Senior forward Ray Sterling scored 25 points to lead the Trojans. Junior Defrim Ramushevski scored 14 for South Milwaukee in the losing effort.
It's the third time Wauwatosa West has beaten South Milwaukee this season.
The Trojans (17-6) advance to Saturday's second round and will face the winner of the No. 14 Oak Creek vs. No. 3 Milwaukee Washington game.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School