Mike Landisch, coaching his first game since undergoing treatment for cancer earlier this season, led host Wauwatosa West past South Milwaukee, 67-57, in the first round of the WIAA Division 1 tournament tonight.
Senior forward Ray Sterling scored 25 points to lead the Trojans. Junior Defrim Ramushevski scored 14 for South Milwaukee in the losing effort.
It's the third time Wauwatosa West has beaten South Milwaukee this season.
The Trojans (17-6) advance to Saturday's second round and will face the winner of the No. 14 Oak Creek vs. No. 3 Milwaukee Washington game.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?