Brookfield - A public information meeting about planned improvements to Capitol Drive between Mayfair Road in Milwaukee County to Highway 74 in Waukesha County is scheduled at the Brookfield Public Safety Building from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation staff will present information in an open house format and will answer questions and record comments. No formal presentation is planned.
The state plans to resurface the road, replace bridges over the Fox River, rehabilitate bridges over Duplainville Road, re-deck the westbound bridge over the Menomonee River Parkway, upgrade traffic signals and make some operational improvements at signalized intersections and medians.
The construction is expected to cost $12.5 million. The stretch of Capitol Drive from Wauwatosa through Brookfield carries from 32,800 to 42,900 vehicles a day, according to DOT spokesman Dennis Shook. That's expected to increase to 51,900 cars a day in 20 years.
In the city of Brookfield, a sidewalk will be constructed along the road between 124th St. and Brookfield Road. In addition, Calhoun Road will be reconstructed for about 800 feet north and south of Capitol Drive.
Construction is scheduled to begin in April 2012. Except for the addition of the sidewalk, the road project will remain in its existing location. No homeowners or businesses will be relocated under the plan.
Persons unable to attend the meeting can get additional information from DOT project manager Christine K. Rawson at (262) 548-6428 or e-mail Christine.Rawson@dot.state.wi.us.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety