Wauwatosa garbage collection crews will stop emptying residents' refuse carts if they are not placed properly at the curb, but residents will get a warning first. Pulling garbage carts from snow banks has caused injuries to Public Works Department employees, according to a memo from City Administrator James Archambo.
City ordinance states that for curbside or alley pickups, refuse carts should be placed between the sidewalk and curb as near to the street curb or edge of the alley as practical. Placement on or as close as possible to drive approaches is preferred, and containers must be stored in a clear area, free of snow and ice accumulation in winter months.
If a cart is improperly placed, collectors will tag it after it is emptied, which serves as the warning notice. Garbage in carts that continue to be placed improperly will not be collected and the resident will be contacted by a Public Works supervisor.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes