Wauwatosa garbage collection crews will stop emptying residents' refuse carts if they are not placed properly at the curb, but residents will get a warning first. Pulling garbage carts from snow banks has caused injuries to Public Works Department employees, according to a memo from City Administrator James Archambo.
City ordinance states that for curbside or alley pickups, refuse carts should be placed between the sidewalk and curb as near to the street curb or edge of the alley as practical. Placement on or as close as possible to drive approaches is preferred, and containers must be stored in a clear area, free of snow and ice accumulation in winter months.
If a cart is improperly placed, collectors will tag it after it is emptied, which serves as the warning notice. Garbage in carts that continue to be placed improperly will not be collected and the resident will be contacted by a Public Works supervisor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?