Wauwatosa Police Department has taken a 48-year-old man in custody after a HAZMAT team last night found chemicals commonly used to manufacture methamphetamine at his home in the 2300 block of 69th Street.
Police officials have not stated the house was used as a meth lab, but the case remains under investigation and there could be charges forthcoming, according to a news release issued this morning.
"The chemicals were removed and samples were preserved to identify the contents," the release stated.
Police received a call from a family member who reported some unusual substances around their home at 6:52 p.m. Tuesday. Chemicals with strong toxic odor were found, so the Fire Department's hazard materials team was called to the house.
The state Justice Department's Criminal Investigations Unit has been called in to assist.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options