A 27-year-old Milwaukee man is in custody on possible charges of first-degree reckless endangerment after police said he fired shots into the air outside a Wauwatosa bowling alley Saturday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The suspect's friend, also a 27-year-old Milwaukee man, was jumped in the parking lot at AMF Bowlero, 11737 W. Burleigh St., during an argument over a woman at 1:46 a.m. The suspect fired three shots in the air to scare away the attacker and gathering crowd. Officers found three spent .40-caliber shell casings in the parking lot.
The suspect and his friend drove off and were stopped by police on Highway 45 at Burleigh Road. A Glock pistol was found hidden under the cushion of a child safety seat and an open handgun case was located in the trunk.
The friend, who was driving the getaway vehicle, was arrested for drunken driving. Beer cans were seen in the back seat, but he refused to submit to a Breathlyzer test.
He had a bloody lip and nose, and a head contusion from the attack. Battery charges are possible for the 19-year-old Milwaukee man who started the fight.
The district attorney is reviewing the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director