A 27-year-old Milwaukee man is in custody on possible charges of first-degree reckless endangerment after police said he fired shots into the air outside a Wauwatosa bowling alley Saturday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The suspect's friend, also a 27-year-old Milwaukee man, was jumped in the parking lot at AMF Bowlero, 11737 W. Burleigh St., during an argument over a woman at 1:46 a.m. The suspect fired three shots in the air to scare away the attacker and gathering crowd. Officers found three spent .40-caliber shell casings in the parking lot.
The suspect and his friend drove off and were stopped by police on Highway 45 at Burleigh Road. A Glock pistol was found hidden under the cushion of a child safety seat and an open handgun case was located in the trunk.
The friend, who was driving the getaway vehicle, was arrested for drunken driving. Beer cans were seen in the back seat, but he refused to submit to a Breathlyzer test.
He had a bloody lip and nose, and a head contusion from the attack. Battery charges are possible for the 19-year-old Milwaukee man who started the fight.
The district attorney is reviewing the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?