A 27-year-old Milwaukee man is in custody on possible charges of first-degree reckless endangerment after police said he fired shots into the air outside a Wauwatosa bowling alley Saturday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The suspect's friend, also a 27-year-old Milwaukee man, was jumped in the parking lot at AMF Bowlero, 11737 W. Burleigh St., during an argument over a woman at 1:46 a.m. The suspect fired three shots in the air to scare away the attacker and gathering crowd. Officers found three spent .40-caliber shell casings in the parking lot.
The suspect and his friend drove off and were stopped by police on Highway 45 at Burleigh Road. A Glock pistol was found hidden under the cushion of a child safety seat and an open handgun case was located in the trunk.
The friend, who was driving the getaway vehicle, was arrested for drunken driving. Beer cans were seen in the back seat, but he refused to submit to a Breathlyzer test.
He had a bloody lip and nose, and a head contusion from the attack. Battery charges are possible for the 19-year-old Milwaukee man who started the fight.
The district attorney is reviewing the case.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders