A security guard was injured during a fight with a patron who had been shoving his girlfriend at Mayfair Mall.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man had been arguing and pushing a woman near the food court at 7:40 p.m. Feb. 11. The guard told him to leave, but the suspect started arguing and a group gathered to watch. The man pushed the guard and they started wrestling. At some point pepper spray was administered.
The guard hit the back of his head and was in pain and disoriented was officers arrived.
The 20-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct, which got the gathering crowd riled up. People started yelling at the officers to leave him man alone.
While most of the crowd dispersed quickly upon police orders, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man refused to leave and started swearing at officers. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and drug possession. In his coat pocket, he had 3.5 grams of marijuana, which he said he planned to smoke in the movie theater.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28