A security guard was injured during a fight with a patron who had been shoving his girlfriend at Mayfair Mall.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man had been arguing and pushing a woman near the food court at 7:40 p.m. Feb. 11. The guard told him to leave, but the suspect started arguing and a group gathered to watch. The man pushed the guard and they started wrestling. At some point pepper spray was administered.
The guard hit the back of his head and was in pain and disoriented was officers arrived.
The 20-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct, which got the gathering crowd riled up. People started yelling at the officers to leave him man alone.
While most of the crowd dispersed quickly upon police orders, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man refused to leave and started swearing at officers. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and drug possession. In his coat pocket, he had 3.5 grams of marijuana, which he said he planned to smoke in the movie theater.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority