A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his third drunken driving offense and hit and run after he mixed prescription drugs and alcohol then hit the road.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A minivan struck a parked vehicle, causing a large hole in the passenger door at 68th Street and Blue Mound Road at 6:32 p.m. Feb. 14. Witnesses saw the vehicle continue going north on Blue Mound, striking a snow bank and driving in the wrong lane at one point.
The driver had a revoked license and his vehicle was not registered. He also had four outstanding warrants for traffic violations in Elm Grove.
A half-empty bottle of whiskey was found in the car, so he was cited for having open intoxicants. He told officers he had been drinking and taking muscle relaxer drugs.
After he refused to submit to Breathalyzer test, the driver was taken to the Wisconsin Heart Hospital for a blood draw to determine his alcohol level.
As he was treated by hospital staff, the officer returned to his vehicle for paperwork. He quickly got a call over his radio that the driver was getting unruly and he could be heard yelling profanities in the background.
The driver made threats to staff and officers, and said he would break any needles that got near him. Even though he was handcuffed, he leaped off the hospital bed at an officer, then tried kicking him.
The driver is expected to appear in Milwaukee County traffic court in April.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015
- Hidden Tosa: The sordid life story of garbage
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: March 26