A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his third drunken driving offense and hit and run after he mixed prescription drugs and alcohol then hit the road.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A minivan struck a parked vehicle, causing a large hole in the passenger door at 68th Street and Blue Mound Road at 6:32 p.m. Feb. 14. Witnesses saw the vehicle continue going north on Blue Mound, striking a snow bank and driving in the wrong lane at one point.
The driver had a revoked license and his vehicle was not registered. He also had four outstanding warrants for traffic violations in Elm Grove.
A half-empty bottle of whiskey was found in the car, so he was cited for having open intoxicants. He told officers he had been drinking and taking muscle relaxer drugs.
After he refused to submit to Breathalyzer test, the driver was taken to the Wisconsin Heart Hospital for a blood draw to determine his alcohol level.
As he was treated by hospital staff, the officer returned to his vehicle for paperwork. He quickly got a call over his radio that the driver was getting unruly and he could be heard yelling profanities in the background.
The driver made threats to staff and officers, and said he would break any needles that got near him. Even though he was handcuffed, he leaped off the hospital bed at an officer, then tried kicking him.
The driver is expected to appear in Milwaukee County traffic court in April.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- School Notes: June 2
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle ordinance should be preserved (3)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 2
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (3)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (24)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26