Two Milwaukee women, who were wanted on eight warrants between them, were arrested for retail theft at Boston Store at Mayfair Mall.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A 20-year-old woman was seen concealing items valued at $135 in a bag, then taking them to the cashier to return for store credit on Feb. 13. She used the credit to buy items and gave the remaining balance to her 22-year-old friend. A security guard stopped the woman before the friend's transaction was done.
The younger woman was found to be on probation and staying away from Boston Store was one of the conditions.
The older woman was also arrested for obstruction because she gave an alias to officers so they wouldn't find her bail-jumping and retail theft warrants from numerous other communities
During a search of the suspects' belongings, officers recovered many more store credit gift cards.
They were sent to Greendale Police Department for retail theft warrant in that community, then to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade