Two Milwaukee women, who were wanted on eight warrants between them, were arrested for retail theft at Boston Store at Mayfair Mall.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A 20-year-old woman was seen concealing items valued at $135 in a bag, then taking them to the cashier to return for store credit on Feb. 13. She used the credit to buy items and gave the remaining balance to her 22-year-old friend. A security guard stopped the woman before the friend's transaction was done.
The younger woman was found to be on probation and staying away from Boston Store was one of the conditions.
The older woman was also arrested for obstruction because she gave an alias to officers so they wouldn't find her bail-jumping and retail theft warrants from numerous other communities
During a search of the suspects' belongings, officers recovered many more store credit gift cards.
They were sent to Greendale Police Department for retail theft warrant in that community, then to Milwaukee County Jail.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (7)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes