Two Milwaukee women, who were wanted on eight warrants between them, were arrested for retail theft at Boston Store at Mayfair Mall.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A 20-year-old woman was seen concealing items valued at $135 in a bag, then taking them to the cashier to return for store credit on Feb. 13. She used the credit to buy items and gave the remaining balance to her 22-year-old friend. A security guard stopped the woman before the friend's transaction was done.
The younger woman was found to be on probation and staying away from Boston Store was one of the conditions.
The older woman was also arrested for obstruction because she gave an alias to officers so they wouldn't find her bail-jumping and retail theft warrants from numerous other communities
During a search of the suspects' belongings, officers recovered many more store credit gift cards.
They were sent to Greendale Police Department for retail theft warrant in that community, then to Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23