Froedtert Hospital has been recognized among the healthiest places to work in the nation.
The Wauwatosa-based medical facility has received a 2009 Gold Well Workplace awards from the Wellness Councils of America for its commitment to the health and well-being of its employees.
Froedtert officials attribute the award to its workplace wellness initiatives, including a confidential annual health risk assessment, personal wellness coaching, online health activity tracking system, and team-based activities such as a walking program and a weight loss challenge.
A twice weekly strength and conditioning free-weight class, healthy lunchtime learning sessions and fitness challenges are also part of the company culture.
The gold - the second-highest of four award levels - recognizes organizations that have comprehensive wellness plans, produce measureable results, and are an integral part of the organization's overall business strategy, according to a news release from the hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue