Froedtert Hospital has been recognized among the healthiest places to work in the nation.
The Wauwatosa-based medical facility has received a 2009 Gold Well Workplace awards from the Wellness Councils of America for its commitment to the health and well-being of its employees.
Froedtert officials attribute the award to its workplace wellness initiatives, including a confidential annual health risk assessment, personal wellness coaching, online health activity tracking system, and team-based activities such as a walking program and a weight loss challenge.
A twice weekly strength and conditioning free-weight class, healthy lunchtime learning sessions and fitness challenges are also part of the company culture.
The gold - the second-highest of four award levels - recognizes organizations that have comprehensive wellness plans, produce measureable results, and are an integral part of the organization's overall business strategy, according to a news release from the hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director