Froedtert Hospital has been recognized among the healthiest places to work in the nation.
The Wauwatosa-based medical facility has received a 2009 Gold Well Workplace awards from the Wellness Councils of America for its commitment to the health and well-being of its employees.
Froedtert officials attribute the award to its workplace wellness initiatives, including a confidential annual health risk assessment, personal wellness coaching, online health activity tracking system, and team-based activities such as a walking program and a weight loss challenge.
A twice weekly strength and conditioning free-weight class, healthy lunchtime learning sessions and fitness challenges are also part of the company culture.
The gold - the second-highest of four award levels - recognizes organizations that have comprehensive wellness plans, produce measureable results, and are an integral part of the organization's overall business strategy, according to a news release from the hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum