Froedtert Hospital has been recognized among the healthiest places to work in the nation.
The Wauwatosa-based medical facility has received a 2009 Gold Well Workplace awards from the Wellness Councils of America for its commitment to the health and well-being of its employees.
Froedtert officials attribute the award to its workplace wellness initiatives, including a confidential annual health risk assessment, personal wellness coaching, online health activity tracking system, and team-based activities such as a walking program and a weight loss challenge.
A twice weekly strength and conditioning free-weight class, healthy lunchtime learning sessions and fitness challenges are also part of the company culture.
The gold - the second-highest of four award levels - recognizes organizations that have comprehensive wellness plans, produce measureable results, and are an integral part of the organization's overall business strategy, according to a news release from the hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade