Wauwatosa East High School graduate David Covell was one of only 21 members of the Class of 2009 statewide who earned a perfect composite score of 36 on the ACT college admissions and placement exam.
That makes East one of just 16 Wisconsin high schools that had one or more students in the 2009 graduating class who earned the top score.
Only 628 of the more than 1.4 million 2009 graduates nationally who took the ACT earned a top score. In Wisconsin, 46,000 2009 graduates took the test.
The ACT, a curriculum-based achievement test, consists of tests in English, mathematics, reading and science. Each test is scored on a scale of 1 to 36, and a student's composite score is the average of the four test scores. The average composite score for the national high school graduating Class of 2009 was 21.1.
Other area high schools with Class of 2009 members who scored a 36 include Arrowhead High School, Milwaukee's Heritage Christian School, Marquette University High School and Homestead High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)