Wauwatosa East High School graduate David Covell was one of only 21 members of the Class of 2009 statewide who earned a perfect composite score of 36 on the ACT college admissions and placement exam.
That makes East one of just 16 Wisconsin high schools that had one or more students in the 2009 graduating class who earned the top score.
Only 628 of the more than 1.4 million 2009 graduates nationally who took the ACT earned a top score. In Wisconsin, 46,000 2009 graduates took the test.
The ACT, a curriculum-based achievement test, consists of tests in English, mathematics, reading and science. Each test is scored on a scale of 1 to 36, and a student's composite score is the average of the four test scores. The average composite score for the national high school graduating Class of 2009 was 21.1.
Other area high schools with Class of 2009 members who scored a 36 include Arrowhead High School, Milwaukee's Heritage Christian School, Marquette University High School and Homestead High School.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?