Margaret Michele Arney and Kathleen Causier will advance to the April 6 election for Wauwatosa's District 2 aldermanic seat.
The two women ranked as the top two vote-getters out of the four competing in today's primary election.
Gay Leigh Mundy and Ilija Potkonjak were eliminated from the race.
According to final, unofficial results, Causier received 249 votes and Arney had 120 votes. Potkonjak received 71votes and Mundy had 46.
Arney and Causier are new to city government. Incumbent James Krol had decided not to seek re-election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa