Margaret Michele Arney and Kathleen Causier will advance to the April 6 election for Wauwatosa's District 2 aldermanic seat.
The two women ranked as the top two vote-getters out of the four competing in today's primary election.
Gay Leigh Mundy and Ilija Potkonjak were eliminated from the race.
According to final, unofficial results, Causier received 249 votes and Arney had 120 votes. Potkonjak received 71votes and Mundy had 46.
Arney and Causier are new to city government. Incumbent James Krol had decided not to seek re-election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94