Margaret Michele Arney and Kathleen Causier will advance to the April 6 election for Wauwatosa's District 2 aldermanic seat.
The two women ranked as the top two vote-getters out of the four competing in today's primary election.
Gay Leigh Mundy and Ilija Potkonjak were eliminated from the race.
According to final, unofficial results, Causier received 249 votes and Arney had 120 votes. Potkonjak received 71votes and Mundy had 46.
Arney and Causier are new to city government. Incumbent James Krol had decided not to seek re-election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills