Margaret Michele Arney and Kathleen Causier will advance to the April 6 election for Wauwatosa's District 2 aldermanic seat.
The two women ranked as the top two vote-getters out of the four competing in today's primary election.
Gay Leigh Mundy and Ilija Potkonjak were eliminated from the race.
According to final, unofficial results, Causier received 249 votes and Arney had 120 votes. Potkonjak received 71votes and Mundy had 46.
Arney and Causier are new to city government. Incumbent James Krol had decided not to seek re-election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options