Margaret Michele Arney and Kathleen Causier will advance to the April 6 election for Wauwatosa's District 2 aldermanic seat.
The two women ranked as the top two vote-getters out of the four competing in today's primary election.
Gay Leigh Mundy and Ilija Potkonjak were eliminated from the race.
According to final, unofficial results, Causier received 249 votes and Arney had 120 votes. Potkonjak received 71votes and Mundy had 46.
Arney and Causier are new to city government. Incumbent James Krol had decided not to seek re-election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?