A Wauwatosa woman was arrested for drunken driving outside Washington Elementary School, 2166 N. 68th St., while attempting to pick up her son.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A school secretary noticed the woman leaning on her son and walking unsteadily to her car, so she alerted the principal about 3:30 p.m. Feb. 8. He approached the mother and asked if she was OK. She responded with peculiar answers such as, "I'm having a stroke" and "My leg, my leg."
The principal could smell alcohol on her breath, so he took the mother's key and escorted the boy to the school office.
An officer asked the woman to perform field sobriety tests, which she failed, and she was arrested.
Her son was released to another family member and a social worker was called.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Dec. 3
- Business Spotlight: Sheeley Service puts the zip in your beverage of choice
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 3
- Hart Park gears up for a busy December
- Wauwatosa West student recognized for photography
- In Brief: Dec. 3
- Election 2016: Ballot roundup for Wauwatosa's spring elections
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3