A Wauwatosa woman was arrested for drunken driving outside Washington Elementary School, 2166 N. 68th St., while attempting to pick up her son.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A school secretary noticed the woman leaning on her son and walking unsteadily to her car, so she alerted the principal about 3:30 p.m. Feb. 8. He approached the mother and asked if she was OK. She responded with peculiar answers such as, "I'm having a stroke" and "My leg, my leg."
The principal could smell alcohol on her breath, so he took the mother's key and escorted the boy to the school office.
An officer asked the woman to perform field sobriety tests, which she failed, and she was arrested.
Her son was released to another family member and a social worker was called.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- OSHA says drill rig involved in construction worker's death at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships