A Wauwatosa woman was arrested for drunken driving outside Washington Elementary School, 2166 N. 68th St., while attempting to pick up her son.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A school secretary noticed the woman leaning on her son and walking unsteadily to her car, so she alerted the principal about 3:30 p.m. Feb. 8. He approached the mother and asked if she was OK. She responded with peculiar answers such as, "I'm having a stroke" and "My leg, my leg."
The principal could smell alcohol on her breath, so he took the mother's key and escorted the boy to the school office.
An officer asked the woman to perform field sobriety tests, which she failed, and she was arrested.
Her son was released to another family member and a social worker was called.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa parents to ask Sen. Vukmir to restore education funding at forum tonight
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23