A Wauwatosa woman was arrested for drunken driving outside Washington Elementary School, 2166 N. 68th St., while attempting to pick up her son.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A school secretary noticed the woman leaning on her son and walking unsteadily to her car, so she alerted the principal about 3:30 p.m. Feb. 8. He approached the mother and asked if she was OK. She responded with peculiar answers such as, "I'm having a stroke" and "My leg, my leg."
The principal could smell alcohol on her breath, so he took the mother's key and escorted the boy to the school office.
An officer asked the woman to perform field sobriety tests, which she failed, and she was arrested.
Her son was released to another family member and a social worker was called.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11