A Wauwatosa woman was arrested for drunken driving outside Washington Elementary School, 2166 N. 68th St., while attempting to pick up her son.
According to Wauwatosa police:
A school secretary noticed the woman leaning on her son and walking unsteadily to her car, so she alerted the principal about 3:30 p.m. Feb. 8. He approached the mother and asked if she was OK. She responded with peculiar answers such as, "I'm having a stroke" and "My leg, my leg."
The principal could smell alcohol on her breath, so he took the mother's key and escorted the boy to the school office.
An officer asked the woman to perform field sobriety tests, which she failed, and she was arrested.
Her son was released to another family member and a social worker was called.
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1